WHAT IS ICEEE?
• ICEEE is the International Council of
Environmental Engineering Education which is
defined as the international non-profit
independent organization of non-governmental
(civil) cooperation for environmental engineering
education and scientific research for the future,
joint efforts of the world youth activities.
• The ICEEE exists solely to provide programs and
services that are of self-benefit.
include effective management and monitoring the
performance of various fields of Environmental
Engineering Education (EEE) as well as the
technological development of EEE.
• The main aim of ICEEE is to improve the
education of environmental engineers living in
different European countries as well as all over
the World to explore opportunities for operational
contact for the nations, in order to encourage the
emergence of cooperation, with the appropriate
• Such cooperation is identified as an important
issue to assess the problems of basic and higher
education and scientific research in the field of
environment and humanity, discuss and submit
recommendations on the basis of the conclusions
extracted from the scientific meetings.
→ The ICEEE
was public officially in April 2010 as the Council
for the Promotion of EEE.
The official vision of
the ICEEE is as the premier multi-disciplinary
organizations committed to advancing excellence in
all aspects of
engineering and environmental technology education.
• To realize the vision of ICEEE:
1. Enhance services to its members
2. Work with educational and Research institutions to improve
education and promote the under
graduate (basic) university degree (B.Sc.) and
graduate higher degree (M.Sc.) and
3. Facilitate productive cooperation among life industry,
academy and government.
4. Enhance the participation and success of under-represented
groups in the
environmental engineering education
5. Promote the value of the engineering profession.
• The official
mission of the ICEEE is as follows:
The ICEEE is committed to furthering education in
environmental engineering and engineering
technology. This mission is accomplished by
promoting excellence in instruction, research,
public service, and practice; exercising worldwide
leadership; fostering the council of environmental
engineering technological education; and providing
qualified and educated graduated students.
• For further
technological solutions, given the position of
ecological areas, food security, rural development
and environmental issues in biotechnology, and the
environmental engineering problems in biosphere.
The studies of environmental engineering prove to
be difficult without the cooperation of the
natural and social sciences; there is no area of
research that does not talk about the
environmental education from the perspective of
its task. The ICEEE is the point of view of the
need to change recommendations to the EU and all
over the World government. So, there are four
excellent professional points of ICEEE as the
basis of the cooperation:
1. Consideration of the following subjects:
• Environmental engineering education and scientific research,
• Cooperation between the similar universities and
educational institutions which deal
with environmental engineering education,
• Common environmental research projects,
• Environmental issues in a timely presentation and
2. Recommendations of the EU and all over the
3. Exchange of information, professional staff
members and students (of different education
levels: B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D.) of the cooperative
universities and the related
4. Organize scientific meetings related to the
general problems of basic, higher education
and scientific research, environmental issues in the countries
of member’s universities.
• To recognize
outstanding contributions in the field of
environmental engineering education with a
particular focus specified by the ICEEE, the
awarding of recognition for outstanding
international cooperation between the universities
has the potential to improve the quality and
strengthen the educational processes.
• ICEEE is driven by its international cooperation,
which has the following strategic goals:
1. Implementing annual, high-quality of EEE with
international universities, multi-lateral
agencies, and corporate memberships.
2. In cooperation with EEE leaders from the World
universities, providing leadership and
support to the development of the ICEEE.
3. Increasing the awareness of international
environmental engineering educators of the
global nature of environmental engineering, and raising their
competence and sensitivity
as professionals in a global environment.
1. The ICEEE
membership is FREE of charge
2. The functioning of the ICEEE authorities
financed from the Community Budget. The
for each budgetary year planned by the Executive
to consents of the members, and approved by the
Executive Committee of
all financial contributions from University or any
institute based on
free or through
separated additional agreements.
3. The budget and cost of all meetings covered by
the fees of members and the fees of
participants of the conferences directed by the invited
ICEEE HEADQUARTERS SERVICES TO
headquarters staff will assist council leaders in
their efforts to serve the members.
• Every effort will be made to meet all reasonable
requests, within the limits of the budget
and staff personnel.
• A breakdown of service areas and staff positions
can be found on ICEEE's web site at
• Requests for services involving mailing lists,
labels, and other supplies should be
addressed to the General Secretary.
• The regulations and the by-laws of the ICEEE
will be published in a separate supplement.